Project Manager for Love Rockford, Part-time – 200 Project Hours
The Project Manager oversees the planning, coordination, implementation, and tracking of Love Rockford.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Fundraising, donor procurement, and research and pursue grant opportunities
- Coordinate a volunteer, sub-committee panel that will oversee project areas
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Staff the project
- Recruit Sub-Committee Chairs to manage different program areas. Sub-Committee chairs will have the appropriate skills for the project activities
- Coordinate regular meetings with Sub-committee chairs oversee and assist project implementation
- Collaborate with Volunteer Committee chair to recruit volunteers, and ensure that all project volunteers receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
Implement the project
- Generate interest and sponsorships through, public speaking opportunities, media outreach, direct mail, etc.
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project, including Church newsletters, Jeremiah newsletter, and social media/website updates
Control the project
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements, including written reports as needed
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of project management
- Public Speaking
- Volunteer Outreach
- Public Relations/Marketing
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft Office Suite, or equivalent
- Social Media
Application Deadline: October 13, 2017
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Michelle Ryan, 318 N. Church St. Rockford, 61101
Jeremiah Development’s fundraiser, Loaded Brush Luminaries returns June 15th . Please check out our events page for details. If you already know about this fun event, and are ready to get your ticket, please go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/loaded-brush-luminaries-2017-tickets-34644226815
Love Rockford is coming this Saturday, April 29th, from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. There will be fun activities for youth and adults, and many area service providers will be on hand.
Children’s Activities Include:
Crafts – Pine Cone Bird Feeders, Paper Crowns, and Foam Crafts
Balloon and Football Toss
Puppet Shows at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30 and 1:30
Storytime at Emmanuel Episcopal – Books to take home
Services Available Include:
Basic Medical Assessments
Haircuts, Reflexology, and Hand Massage
Non-Profit and Business Information Booths
K-9 Demonstrations by The Rockford Police Department
Rockford Fire Department
Musical Performances By:
The Council Choraleers
Registration begins at 10:00 am at Court Street United Methodist Church, 215 N. Court St. Your are welcome to come anytime between 10:00 – 2:00. Join us for the day, or a couple of hours – Rain or Shine!
NW HomeStart, Jeremiah Development, Rockford Area Realtors, The Rockford Apartment Association, and Zion Development are joining forces to present a Mayoral Forum focusing on the critical housing and community development issues facing the Rockford area. Brian Leggero, Ronnie Manns, Tom McNamara, and Dr. Rudy Valdez have committed to attend the event. Please see our events page for more details and to register.
Jeremiah Development’s Annual Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 9th, 2017. The meeting will be held at Second First Church in the Heritage Room (right by the Church office). Second First is located at 318 North Church Street, Rockford, IL 61101. The meeting will begin at 5:30. During the meeting our Annual Report will be presented as well as the election of new board members.
Jeremiah Development, along with many community partners, is hosting the first LOVE ROCKFORD, on April 29, 2017. Although Jeremiah Development’s focus is the west-side downtown neighborhood, the decision was made to extend the boundaries to embrace the entire city for this event. LOVE ROCKFORD will be housed in the center of Rockford at the JD churches of Emmanuel Episcopal, Second First Church, and Court Street UMC, all within a three block area.
The purpose of this event is to link available resources to those in need in the Rockford community. Congregations, businesses, community agencies and volunteers will be working together to reach out to the Rockford community. Residents will have the opportunity to be linked with counseling and housing services. Medical volunteers will be present to provide blood pressure checks, as well as hearing and vision tests. Residents may choose to have a haircut or receive a manicure, while the young may opt for face painting or to engage in other children’s activities. Hungry stomachs will be met with a free lunch, and a box of food will be available to take home. Residents will be able to ‘shop’ in the clothing room and bookstore for themselves and their family. Bicycles will be repaired and live music will engage the crowds. Also, for those seeking spiritual renewal will have an opportunity to receive prayers and blessings. We anticipate smiles to be everywhere – and all of this will be free to the residents
Please join Jeremiah Development’s Garden Committee as they “put the garden to bed” for the winter season. There will projects for everyone, from cutting back plants to building container boxes. Neighbors and gardeners are welcome on November 5 from 9:00 am – as long as you can stay! We will meet at the Community Garden on the corner of Court and Park streets. We look forward to seeing you there.